Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill an Accountant I position in our Honolulu office.
The Accountant I performs a variety of duties within the General Accounting department, including processing check requests, accounts payable invoices, ACH payments and check disbursements. This position prepares various monthly account reconciliations and journal entries.
The Accountant I also assists in the preparation of various financial reports including certain state filing and statutory accounting reports, provides clerical assistance as needed and other special projects as required.
- High School diploma. Business or community college graduate preferred but not required.
- Two (2) years of work experience in an accounting or accounting related area.
- Good verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate accounting information to all levels within the organization.
- Well organized and attentive to detail. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- Proven ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to comprehend formulas.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, 10-key calculator (by-touch), copy machine, telephone and FAX machine.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance.