Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill an Accounting Manager position in in our Honolulu office.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in the review and coordination of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports of the Company. This position is also responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the Accounting department, which includes planning, controlling and monitoring the workload within the area and maintenance of the general ledger. The Accounting Manger will assist in the overall management of the department’s financial reporting process and manage the department under the direction of Treasurer or CFO during the Controller’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in accounting of which three (3) years include managing staff (prioritizing workload, performance reviews, etc.). Proven knowledge of insurance industry experience.
- Leadership and training skills are required to guide, train, evaluate and motivate staff within the unit.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) required to be completed while at the Company in a reasonable timeframe.
- Proven ability and experience with accounting software, preferably insurance accounting. SUN/INFOR PMQA a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables and look-up functions, etc.).
- Independent judgement, planning and analytical skills to effectively manage the unit and interpret financial information.
- Good verbal and written skills. Strong interpersonal skills. This position must be able to effectively communicate with staff, external entities and others at all levels within the Company.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to handle multiple projects and duties at one time.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proven ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to comprehend formulas.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, 10-key calculator (by-touch) copy machine, telephone and FAX machine.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.