Pacific Guardian Life is seeking highly qualified and results driven individual to fill an Administrative Manager position in the Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI) department.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for the daily management of the TDI department’s administrative personnel and assists with overall management and daily activities of the TDI line of business in collaboration with the TDI management team. This position is to become knowledgeable in Temporary Disability Division and supervise other personnel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of administrative and supervisory experience, preferably in an insurance or financial related institution.
- Leadership and training skills are required to guide, train, evaluate and motivate staff within the department.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening). Must be able to effectively communicate with policyholders, agents, and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Willing and able to adapt to change. Continuous improvement frame of mind.
- Takes initiative to seek out information for getting appropriate answers to solve daily issues or recommend changes, as appropriate, to the current workflow or to the department’s defined service standards.
- Must be team-oriented and able to work well with others in the department.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and transfer the underlying principals between job assignments.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including the Microsoft Office suite of products. Intermediate skill level for Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, scanner, 10-key calculator, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) desirable).
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.