Pacific Guardian Life is seeking highly qualified and results driven individuals to fill Claims Examiner positions in the Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI) department.
The Claims Examiner is responsible for accurately reviewing and examining TDI claims to determine benefits in accordance with company procedures and Hawaii State disability laws in a fast-paced environment. The Claims Examiner also is responsible for providing responsive and professional customer service.
- High school diploma. College degree in related field, preferred.
- Two (2) years of office experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Preferably with an insurance company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate policy information with the public, agents and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and transfer the underlying principals between job assignments.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, scanner, 10-key calculator, typewriter, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Working knowledge of word processing (Microsoft Word, preferred).
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.