The Customer Service Representative is responsible for servicing Individual Life and Annuity clients by providing prompt, courteous and accurate information to clients and agents using verbal and written communication in English and Japanese. Provide Japanese customer servicing to Policy Owners and Agents.
- Associate's degree.
- One (1) year customer service experience. Insurance/financial-services experience preferred. Experience in a call-center environment desired or an ability to handle a high volume of calls and service requests in a fast paced environment.
- Attainment of the State of Hawaii Life Insurance License within three months from date of hire.
- Business level reading, writing and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese. Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers as well Company personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Non-Native Japanese: Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) - Level 1 to 2 equivalent or demonstarted ability.
- Non-Native English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Level High, equivalent or demonstarted ability.
- Desire and initiative to learn about insurance and financial service concepts: product features, financial, insurance, taxes, and estate planning.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and able to adapt to change. Must also be able to work effectively and positively and have a high emotional intelligence level to work with individuals of varying personality types.
- Have time management skills, be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Proven ability to independently analyze and problem solve to resolve customer issues.
- Basic math skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote).
- Must be able to maintain a high standard of productivity, efficiency and accuracy while working under pressure.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 942-1226.