Pacific Guardian Life is seeking highly qualified and results driven individual to fill a Director of Information Technology (Operations) position.
The Director of Information Technology (Operations) is accountable for all aspects of IT operations of the Company. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT systems and infrastructure used to support all business process across the enterprise.
The Director will have a diversified background of systems administration and technical infrastructure experience. Also this position will be an adept leader of people and be a skilled manager of vendors while having a superior, service-oriented approach to supporting internal customers.
The Director is also responsible for operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the CIO leadership team, the Director contributes to the development and execution of the IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the Company’s Corporate Plan & Strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- A Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science or related from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience managing and supervising staff responsible for help desk, networking, server administration (on premise, hosted and cloud based) and system operations in a mid-sized Company across multiple locations.
- Attainment of one or more relevant certifications in project management, information security, risk management, vendor product lines or service management is highly desired.
- Affiliation with one or more relevant professional organizations such as AITP, ISACA, PMI, IIBA or equivalent is desired.
- Insurance or financial experience is preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a proven ability to work and meet company and department objectives with little supervision, limited information and minimal direction and including an ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including:
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate with IT staff, business units, vendors and executive management
- Interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form- with little or no ability to confirm or get clarification
- The ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT staff and aligns to the IT Strategic Objectives and Company’s Corporate Plan & Strategy
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills including:
- Being well-organized, appropriately attentive to detail and able to work autonomously and meet goals usually communicated in service, solution or project terms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong technical understanding of networking, security systems and server administration (on-premise, hosted or cloud).
- Strong IT operations acumen and knowledge of formal systems administrative practices and networking systems including IT Service Management, user access provisioning, performance monitoring and change control in a multiple platform environment that includes Windows, AS/400 and cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in development and management of IT policies, operational procedures, disaster recovery plans, internal IT controls and best practices for IT in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Experience with the management and resource support of small to moderately complex projects in all areas of IT with the proven ability to work on simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics.
- Experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.
- Experience in the management and/or support of projects using approaches such as Agile, Waterfall, Kanban and Scrum preferred.
- Working knowledge of industry standards for service management, controls and security such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST, and ISO desired.
- Strong/Good vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.