Pacific Guardian Life Insurance Co., Ltd. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Group Administration Manager position.
The Group Administration Manager is responsible for the supervision and evaluation of the Group Administration staff, which includes, planning and monitoring the workload within the area and maintenance of the policyholder system. Process new group business for both employee benefit and worksite products in accordance with established operating procedures and defined service standards. Responsible for the overall management of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four years of administrative and supervisory experience in an insurance or financial related institution preferred.
- Leadership and training skills are required to guide, train, evaluate and motivate staff within the department.
- Excellent skills in all areas of communication (written, verbal, listening). Must be able to effectively communicate policy information with the policyholders, agents, and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Willing and able to adapt to change. Continuous improvement frame of mind.
- Takes initiative to seek out information for getting appropriate answers to solve daily issues or recommend changes, as appropriate, to the current workflow or to the department’s defined service standards.
- Ability to work by one’s self or as part of a group. Must be team-oriented and able to work well with others in the department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and transfer the underlying principals between job assignments.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including the Microsoft Office suite of products. Intermediate skill level for Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator, typewriter, copy machine and FAX machine. Minimum typing speed of 20 words per minute.
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) desirable.
- Working knowledge of Company’s standard automated office products and group benefits administration system (HBMS) is desirable.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 942-1226.