Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill a Group Underwriter position.
This position will underwrite routine and complex new group policies and renewals. This position also assists in the preparation and performance of financial/operational analysis and research, premium rate studies, claims experience and financial results monitoring; and the design, pricing, and implementation of new employee benefit products and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, business, or related field.
- One (1) year technical experience in actuarial or group underwriting operations in an insurance company or similar experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate policy information with the public, agents and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines. Must be able to work effectively under pressure and maintain a high degree of judgement, especially when working with information that is confidential in nature.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to calculate and apply advanced mathematical formulas and algorithms. Must be able to calculate rates, variances, frequency distributions, and probabilities. Must have a clear understanding of accounting and statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and judgements. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced knowledge of Excel required.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.