The purpose of this position is to train and gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to a lead position in the various departments of the Individual Life Administration. This position will train in Systems Support, Client Relations, IL Administration, Claims and Reinsurance and is to become knowledgeable in all department processes and procedures. This position may supervise other personnel as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of work experience, preferably in an insurance-related field. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate policy language and technical information with the public, agents, and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and direction. Must be able to exercise professional judgement and sound decisions in consultation with the line-of-business managers. Must also demonstrate initiative and leadership ability.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines. Must be able to work effectively under pressure and maintain a high degree of judgement, especially when working with information that is confidential in nature.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to calculate and apply advanced mathematical formulas and algorithms. Must have a clear understanding of accounting.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and judgements.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 942-1226.