Pacific Guardian Life is seeking highly qualified and results driven individuals to fill an IT Manager, Applications Management in in our Honolulu office.
The IT Manager – Applications Management is responsible for providing technical direction and leadership for the organization’s applications analysis and design, development, testing and support/maintenance activities. This position works with Director of Information Technology (Solutions Delivery) to set future vision and plan for implementing sustainable and scalable solution approaches to quickly and reliably achieve corporate goals and objectives for providing a seamless and streamlined experience to customers, external partners, and staff. IT Manager – Applications Management combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on project and technical delivery expertise.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years in IT Application Development or Application Management position with comprehensive work experience in systems and integration design and implementation, business and data analysis, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and stakeholder and project management or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in successfully evaluating and assessing enterprise and operational level processes and system fit/gap to identify, prioritize, and detail opportunities for improvement for Technology Strategy and Roadmap. Expertise in developing and maintaining useful enterprise and project level business and system models for the purpose of defining, prioritizing and leading improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing “best-fit” technologies to meet business requirements. Ability to assess, recommend, and implement solutions that fit within overall business and technical architectural approach for the company. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in applying technology in business.
- Demonstrated experience in eliciting, analyzing, documenting and verifying business and functional requirements.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience in implementing and integrating modern web applications;
- Demonstrated experience with leading cross-organizational teams through formal SDLCs for moderately to highly complex projects. Sets and applies industry best practices and standards to lead team members and stakeholders to define, design, develop, test and deploy quality solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in setting direction for user friendly, responsive, and highly efficient applications, including front end/UI, back end applications, databases, and integrations/APIs. Knowledge of current trends in mobile and web application development, design, cross platform integration, and architectural principles.
- Demonstrated experience with building, documenting, executing, and managing formal test plans, scenarios and scripts for systems, functional and “Day in the Life” testing to validate requirements are met.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing and managing work duties to meet project deadlines.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills are required.
- Strong project and vendor management skills required. Ability to review, analyze and report on the execution, risk mitigation and budget and resource utilization on projects and across department.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to all staff levels in the Company.
- Experience in working in and integrating no/low-code development tools/platforms, other development tools/platforms, or programming language(s) preferred.
- Previous managerial experience in finance or insurance organization preferred.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.