Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill an Actuarial Assistant position in our Honolulu office.
The Actuarial Assistant is expected assist in a combination of the following areas: construction, review, and evaluation of various components of the Company’s financial statements; maintenance and improvement of the Company’s financial model; performance of various experience analysis studies and various valuation-related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics or related field.
- A demonstrated commitment to the pursuit of a professional actuarial designation. Completion of two or more of the examinations required to attain Associateship in the Society of Actuaries is desirable, but not required..
- Proven ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and maintain a high degree of judgment, especially when working with information that is confidential in nature.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (or comparable word processing software) and Microsoft Excel (or comparable spreadsheeting software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate actuarial information to the general public and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react to change productively.
- Good organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, 10-key calculator, copy machine, and FAX machine.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.