Pacific Guardian Life is seeking a highly qualified and results driven individual to fill a Risk Analyst position in our Honolulu office.
The Risk Analyst works under the broad direction of the Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”) or other senior officer in designing and implementing an enterprise risk management program for the Company as part of an overall governance, risk management and compliance strategy. This includes documenting appropriate risk reporting across many functional corporate areas at all levels within the organization. The Risk Analyst will be key in understanding and evaluating operational risk within the organization. This position will be involved in the development and implementation of the Company’s regulatory Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (“ORSA”).
The Risk Analyst will also assist in performing some level of risk oversight and compliance and will work closely at an operations level to support the Company’s enterprise risk management system. This position may oversee or participate in internal examination over specific areas of compliance as part of the risk analysis. Work involves documenting risk management processes and procedures within the organization covering a number of risk areas and related controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in operations management and/or risk management. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- A broad knowledge of the general tools and techniques of risk management and ability to apply to Company specific situations.
- Ability to understand, direct and plan for operational, financial, and regulatory issues within a risk management framework. Ability to learn key business functions of the organization to assist in determining the key risks and controls in these areas.
- Ability to lead projects, work under minimum supervision, and balance multiple priorities. Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Possesses strong planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to remain objective, maintain confidentiality, and communicate with the CRO (or other senior officer), other members of Senior Management, the Board of Directors, external entities and all levels within the organization.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Pacific Guardian Life
Attn: Human Resources
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96814
E-mail: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
Fax: (808) 942-1280
For more information please feel free to contact a member of our Human Resources department at (808) 955-2236.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
No relocation assistance provided.