Last Revised: July 1, 2021
At Pacific Guardian Life (“We”), we know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. That is why we want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it.
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with a broad range of financial products and services as effectively and conveniently as possible. We use the term “personal information” to describe information that can reasonably be associated with you and can be used to identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
This Policy does not apply to your personal information when we already protect it under other laws, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the California Financial Information Protection Act.
It also does not apply to personal information that we may receive from our business partners with respect to the products and services we provide as a service provider (such as insurance products), or in the context of business-to-business relationships.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Directly from you
- Indirectly from your interactions with our technologies or our website
- Medical providers
- Other service providers
- Our sales force
- Public records
We collect the following categories of personal information about our prospective and current customers:
- Demographic information, including age, race, ethnicity, gender identification, disability status, citizenship
- Educational information, including school(s) attended, dates attended, degree(s) earned, academic achievements
- Financial information, including bank account information, investment or brokerage accounts, information regarding estate or tax planning, debts, and trusts
- IP address, cookies, and data concerning interaction with our website
- Medical information, including medical history, medical questionnaires, information regarding physical, mental, and behavioral health, information regarding payment for health care services
- Personal information and identifiers, including name, date of birth, home address, driver's license, passport number, and Social Security number
- Professional or employment information, including employment history, professional designations
- Profile information, including profiles reflecting a person's preferences, such as interests, hobbies, characteristic tendencies, behaviors, attitudes, or aptitudes
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect from our prospective and current customers for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- Conduct audits
- Detect and protect against security incidents
- Market and advertise our company and its products and services
- Meet legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements
- Provide services (including insurance services) to you
- Strategic development
How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information.
We may, however, disclose your personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose. Examples of such third parties include:
· Attorneys and other legal professionals
· Consultants and contractors (e.g., external auditors)
· Financial services professionals
· Software as a service providers
We may also disclose information about you with outside companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosures of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law; and enforce our rights.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This includes personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Do Not Track & Behavioral Advertising
Our Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” or similar browser signals and does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information by third parties or sharing of personally identifiable information with third parties except as provided in this Policy.
Rights for Residents of Certain States
If you are a resident of California, and not a job applicant or employee of Pacific Guardian Life, the CCPA grants you the right to request that the company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following information to you, unless an exception applies:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
You may also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Although we try to limit the personal information collected in connection with a request to exercise the right to know and the right to deletion, certain requests may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the right to know and right to deletion, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a request to us by one of the following methods:
- Calling us at 1-800-367-5354; or
- Online by clicking here
If you have an authorized agent, that person also may submit requests relating to your CCPA rights. We will need to verify the agent’s identity and his/her authority to act on your behalf.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these privacy rights, except that the deletion of your personal information may prevent us from providing you content, invitation, or benefit that depends on the processing of your personal information.
We allow consumers or their authorized agents to submit requests to know or to delete up to two times within a 12-month period.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will update our website and policy Last Revised date accordingly. Your use of the Site and/or our services constitutes your consent to the terms of this Policy. If you cannot or do not consent to the terms of this Policy (as it may be revised from time to time), you must not use the Site.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please contact us at 1-800-367-5354 or [email protected]